There are many reasons why you might consider counselling. You might be feeling confused, overwhelmed, stressed, depressed or anxious… You may feel you need that bit of extra support… Maybe it is just too difficult to talk to those close to you about these things ...
You may think that your issue is too big or too small, or you may wonder how talking about it can help?
- By talking about what really concerns you and by being truly listened to, you will begin to gain more understanding and acceptance of yourself.
- It will help you to get a different perspective on things without the demands of the outside world crowding in.
- The discreet and respectful therapeutic space I offer will help you to explore freely and fully any area of your life …even things which are too difficult to talk about with friends and family.
- I believe insight and understanding opens up the possibility to think, feel and behave differently and develop more of your potential.
- Counselling can help you to discover your own strengths, draw on your own resources, help you to work through any painful issue, find solutions, experience change and make changes to move towards a more fulfilling life.
BACP Definition of Counselling
“Counselling and psychotherapy are umbrella terms that cover a range of talking therapies. They are delivered by trained practitioners who work with people over a short or long term to help them bring about effective change or enhance their well being.”